DIY Led Tail Lamps For Your Bike

I personally own an R15....Its an awesome bike....but one nagging problem is that it has a puny battery only 3.5Ah which is not sufficient for any electrical mods...Also R15 doesn't have  low power LED tail lamps....So i decided to swap the original 7W/21W tail lights to my home made 0.28W/.7W LED tail lights....


Here's the basic sketch:
If you don't know what an LED is please refer this article: 
LEDs

Now,
  1. The basic thing one needs to know is LEDs operate from 2.5V to  4V max....However the white leds which I used operate from 3V to 4Vmax...But the bike's battery supplies 12 to 14Vmax on braking or on parking lights...So what one has to do is connect 4 LEDs in series to make them work or you'll end up blowing out your LEDs....You can also use 3 LEDs in series and a resistor of suitable value....
  2. However I was lazy to use resistors so I used 4 LEDs in series....
  3. I got hold of High Intensity WHITE helmet LEDs which cost anywhere between 1re to 3rs. each depending upon size..Mine cost 1re each...I got hold of 28 LEDs....
  4. However if you are trying it out for the first time got about 10 to 15 more as you might blow up some LEDs....
  5. Next i got hold of a PCB which cost me about 10rs.
  6. This is the circuit which I soldered onto my PCB....         
  7.   Next is the fitting of these LEDs on the bike....
  8. Remove the talight cover and trace the wires connected to your tail light....
  9. You'll have 3 wires:
  10. Yamaha has these colours, however your's might differ. But black is always for ground.

    Yellow is for the brake light,
    Blue is for the tail lamp and
    Black is the Grounding.
  11. Just use a multimeter to check which wire is for what
  12. Now disconnect your Old tail light, remove the bulb and its holder...
  13. Now its time to hook up our LEDs....Connect the Vcc and the Ground appropriatley... 
  14. I used these LEDs for my brake light and used 8 other LEDs for parking light....
  15. Its time to test...Turn on your bike and  take a look at those light...If tehy dont work check your connections.
  16. Close the cover and fix back the screws...Stun everyone with your new tail lights...ENJOY....HAVE FUN :-)

Here are some pics:
After soldering:










Testing Phase:
  




 After fixing: